Saturday 28 November 2020

STORYJUMPER: Let´s create a digital book!

Hi guys!

On today´s post, I would like yo show you one more amazing resource created with the help of an app website called StoryJumper. This is a tool that allow us to create our own book about any topic in a fun way.

My students and I are currently working on the daily routines and I wanted them to tell me how it is a current day for them. Let me show you some bits of my students´ development:

   Book titled 'My daily routines' 

If you click below, you will see the book better:

Read this book made on StoryJumper

Anyway, after doing so, I would like to reflect upon the following aspects:

Due to the current circumstances, students carried out this task individually but of course with my help. In fact, I recorded for them a short tutorial as a help to elaborate their own projects.

The sequence of this task is the following. First, we make a brainstorming at class; then, we saw my video with the instructions all together, we answer all the questions in case there were any, we make a draft about what they are going to write and finally, run the task in the app. I´ll guide the process all time as a support for them.

The learning objectives are those related to talk about their daily life unconsciously and in a funny way combined with the use of new technologies which is very motivating for them as they study by creating and applying. They felt really enthusiastic when I showed them this new tool because they love the use of new technologies and their laptops or tablets. In this case, it´s a good way to show them the use of ICTs in a didactic way.

Next time we would try to write more information in order to practise other skills such as reading and writing.

Finally, after finishing all projects, we will share them via google classroom and they will make an oral presentation in class in order to share comments about their projects and vote for the best.


I hope you enjoy! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment