Monday 16 November 2020

TIMETOAST: My daily routines timeline

Hello guys!



Here you are the best project we voted at class when creating our own timeline with the help of the digital tool TimeToast:


The main learning objective of this activity is to help my students study and being able to talk about their daily routines with fluency.

The advantage of using TimeToast I consider is the graphic way of seeing their daily routines so it´s a way to stand out simple vocabulary in low levels.

As I mentioned, I´m working with low levels (8-9 years old) so I decided to set up the activity in order to achieve a final project in groups of 4 that I will evaluate later with the help of an oral comprehension rubric. For this purpose, we have chosen a model text so they have to discuss about it and finally, create their own timeline talking about their routines in a day or in a week.

The activity is easy so they didn´t have any problems to create their own timeline at class but when they were at home, they needed my help. So I recorded them a tutorial as an example that they have to follow when creating their own timelines that finally they will finish at home.

When the project was finished, they felt proud of themselves because it´s something new for them and they really enjoy with activities like this. Nevertheless, it´s not always possible to do this kind of activities because it depends on many factors (the level, resources at school and at home, difficulty, …). Some things I would change are for example the sketch. For example, try to set up a story that happens in different episodes but it always depends on my students´ level.

The use of this tool (TimeToast) helps them their skimming and scanning skills, organise a plan and work cooperatively to achieve the main purpose. Indeed, they feel excited when they have to present their project to their classmates.


No comments:

Post a Comment